Holidays, an annual goal, a piece of carefree time when we can dedicate ourselves and our loved ones. And planning … the rest of the year is spent quietly making plans. And if everything wasn’t great during the year, it’s bound be better on vacation. Then everything will be easier, then we will have time, then no one will nag us, then we will be able to focus on each other. Just a little more, just today, just put this T-shirt away, and then we’ll have a better time. Then it will be nicer.
The preparations for a family vacation, reserved for a leisure and enjoyable time together, turn into a tormenting revelation of interpersonal relationships and mutual accusations. Cohabitation out of selfishness, the mutual alienation of family members, turning a blind eye to real problems, the inability to solve them, the pursuit of apparent ideals demanded by society, adultery, living with the burden of one’s self … Will they see their situation? Will they find the will and the strength to change?
The text was created in the framework of the Moment Theatre School under the mentorship of Aleksandra Blagojević.
Awards and festivals
- award for the best dramatic text to Tin Grabnar at the 3rd Laktaši International Theatre Festival (BIH), 2008
- acting award to Andrej Vršič at the 3rd Laktaši International Theatre Festival (BIH), 2008
- award for the best performance at the 3rd Laktaši International Theatre Festival (BIH), 2008
- award for the acting ensemble at the Linhart Festival, 2008
- award for the best performance at the Linhart Festival, 2008
- award for the best male role to Rok Kravanja at the Čufar Days, 2008
- Theater Experiment Award at the International Festival in Uba (Serbia), 2008
- Sever award to Rok Kravanja for the role of Ivan, 2008